ZABIDA is the first Convenio (06-C01-001) approved by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation (AECI) and Manos Unidas, the Spanish Executing NGO in the Philippines.
It is a non-stock, non-profit organization established in February 2007. It is consortium of four (4) Non-government Organizations committed to uplift the quality of life of disadvantaged sectors in Zamboanga City and Basilan.
To provide program service interventions that shall effect more positive changes towards increasing human security for the marginalized sectors in Zamboanga City and Basilan.
* To increase social and institutional capacities of community partners to effectively govern and manage their own affairs
* To provide community partners with more access to basic ser4vices.
* To provide assistance to community partners for community undertakings such as livelihood and employment generation activities.
* To enhance the sustainable utilization and management of ecological resources
* To enhance capacities of local communities, civil society organizations and government sectors in peace-building and conflict transformation.
More vibrant civil society organizations
More participation in decision-making and community life
Practice of culture of transparency and accountability
More economic activities undertaken
Adequate production and marketing support and incentives
Higher production capacity
Increased household income
Increased access to micro-financing
Practice of culture of peace
More inter-cultural understanding and respect for identities, socialization, problem-solving and conflict settlement practices
More democratic access to services especially for the deprived and underserved sectors and communities
Improved health conditions of communities
Availability of quality potable water supply
More sustainable utilization and management of the environment
More eco-friendly farming and fishing practices, including technology for the care of the earth
More public involvement in environmental protection and management
Good solid and water waste disposal and management practices